Appriss is a leading Data and Analytics solution provider enabling our customers to save lives, prevent fraud and reduce risks delivering on our mission of Knowledge for Good. The Appriss Insights business is a well-funded “start-up” within the company – with a clear strategic vision, proven product market fit and a growing pipeline. We are seeking a Director to lead and build the engineering team and to execute on our platform vision. If you like to run hard, have fun, learn new things and make a positive impact in the community, read on.
About the Role
Directs activities of a software platform development team focused on data service enhancements and new products. This position oversees analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of the Appriss Insights Platform designed for commercial, government, and law enforcement end users using Agile methodologies. The position is responsible for guiding engineering decisions, defining team culture/workflow and ensuring a balance between best practices and rapid development. The director will play a key leadership role for the Insights team with daily interactions with product managers, project managers, operational peers, and business leadership to continuously improve and extend the platform. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the platform.
You love moving fast. You have a strong sense of urgency and are comfortable making decisions, moving forward, and iterating. You don’t like wasting time over analyzing everything. You love the idea of working for a startup within a larger organization.
You are looking to grow. You have experience as a seasoned Director/VP in a smaller company and are looking for a bigger opportunity in a growth environment. You like the idea of applying your background to a business that is scaling quickly.
You know how to get things done. You know when to roll up your sleeves and write full stack code, and when to spend some time managing and coaching a small team of developers. You know how to hire, train, and develop engineers when necessary to grow your team.
The Ideal Candidate brings:
- 8+ years development and systems analysis experience in high technology business area, preferably a fast-paced SaaS environment
- 3+ years of leadership or management leading multi-person projects, providing strategic development and analysis
- Comprehensive technology background with ‘full-stack’ experience and understanding
- A desire to be involved in product, business and operational decisions
- Experience with development in an Agile environment
- Experience identifying opportunities to use 3rd party tools to accelerate development – background with build vs. buy decision-making
- First-hand experience with large data assets and/or building data-oriented products
- Strong understanding of indexing large datasets for rapid searching within product
- Background with integrating ETL toolsets into product processes
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H