Appriss Safety is seeking a creative, forward thinking Product Designer to join our small and growing Design Team to lead and contribute to product design, prototyping, and visual taste making for our portfolio of products.
Appriss Safety provides SaaS-based products designed with the goal of using ‘Knowledge for Good.’ From servicing victims of crimes to law enforcement agencies, we strive to enable communities to be safer by combining our industry knowledge and experience with our unique dataset.
We are looking for someone excited to solve real-world problems by creating highly usable solutions that are easy to understand and use. This position will report to the User Experience Design Lead and will partner with the individual product managers and engineers to enhance current products as well as build out new solutions. Our Design Team follows a human-centered approach to designing products that help people. The perfect candidate will have a strong design aesthetic, a desire to work with users to understand how products are used in the real world, and understand how to bring simplicity to complex workflows.
The perfect candidate will have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
* 3+ years of user-centered design work, with a portfolio to show it
* A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
* Ability to sketch concepts quickly as well as create detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and prototypes
* Understand how to provide appropriate level of specification to development teams for concepts to be built into production ready code
* Knowledge and experience with iterative and collaborative software development practices
* Ability to think and communicate at a high level about product strategy and vision
* Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
* Experience with Sketch, InVision or other prototyping tool, Material Design, and Adobe CC
* Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
* Excellent communication skills
* A love of keeping up to date on the latest trends and technologies, and knowing how and when to apply them
About our Team
The Product Management team is a cross-functional group of people who work together to ensure successful product development for our customers and users. Our team currently includes a Director of Product Management, two Product Managers, Design Lead, Business Analyst, and Project Manager. We are growing our team and seeking to hire a Product Designer (maybe that’s you!), Product Manager, and Product Specialist.
Our team in a nutshell
* Pros at juggling competing priorities
* Communicative (think status updates in gifs!)
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a high level of judgment, analytical ability and creativity, such as investigating moderately complex problems or situations, analyzing information and recommending solutions. This position regularly requires over 40 hours of work a week. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel possible.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H