With actionable information and insights gained from our data and analytics solutions, Appriss Safety customers are able to more effectively save lives, fight crime, prevent fraud, and manage risk. We call it “knowledge for good”. Victim Information and Notification Every day, or VINE, is America’s number one victim notification network, empowering victims and concerned citizens with timely and reliable information regarding offenders. VINE is an important public safety service, delivering over 40 million notifications to victims and concerned citizens annually.
The Victim Services Product Specialist is a key contributor in ensuring timely completion and communication of the work underway in the Enhanced VINE platform to help support more victims of crime. This individual will act as the primary point of contact for requests to the product team and coordination with marketing and training efforts in the Victim Services space.
There are two main focus areas for this position. First, is partnering with the product and other functional teams to develop and manage a triage process for work being requested of the product team. Work requests can range from questions about functionality to new feature ideas. The goal will be to ensure a consistent intake and review process, help field questions quickly, build a body of knowledge, identify where training may be needed, and if appropriate request for prioritization consideration of features.
The second main area of concentration will be acting liaison between product team and the marketing and training group. Will oversee product vision in communicating work underway for proactive and timely communications. Will ensure training and marketing materials have necessary and relevant content as they are produced a diverse group of consumers both internally and externally. Ensure there is a schedule for regular communications as well as workflow for ad hoc updates as features and training become available.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Writing, analytical, and research skills required
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple deadline-oriented projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently and with professionals at all organizational levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven willingness and ability to make positive contributions in a team environment
- Ability to collaborate and contribute recommendations to enhance Appriss Safety’s product marketing and training strategy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage triage process for requests coming into Product Team
- Ensure visibility to status of requests in a scalable and consistent manner across the organization
- Establish a body of knowledge on products in Victim Services space with goal to reduce overall support and confusion of how things work both internally and externally as appropriate
- Understand Product vision for communicating changes and Bring alignment and consistent communication between product development and communication efforts through partnership with Marketing team
- Develop communication program in partnership with the Marketing team geared towards education of the work underway, new feature/opportunities, and other relevant product communication for both internal and external consumers
- Provide content and overview of new features to marketing/training group to develop ‘feature highlights’ at launch and training materials as needed
- Ensure training materials “Victim Services University” is maintained with relevant and meaningful content-updated as product changes are made
- Assist product team overall in the delivery of priorities helping where needed
Some travel may be required for customer or conference engagements.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H