Avetta is launching a powerful new Analytics product to its’ 300 Blue Chip customers. This tool will analyze the performance of 60,000 contractors in the Avetta network.
The Business Analyst will need to understand the key business metrics of our clients. This will require gathering technical client requirements and ensuring dashboards are created. The Business Analyst will be the primary contact for our client data and will require maneuvering large data sets, recognize trends, and guide our clients on key business decisions.
This position requires a client-first attitude to ensure all client requests are properly documented, managed, communicated and fulfilled. The ideal candidate will use their analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify and communicate solutions.
The Business Analyst interfaces and collaborates with other teams including but not limited to Implementation Project Management, Sales, Account Management, Product, Engineering and Professional Services.
- Gather and analyze client requirements and develop a scope of work to communicate expectations and timelines.
- Develop distribution ready reports, analysis and dashboards for clients.
- Proactively manage report development to meet expectations of format and delivery timeframe.
- Align client needs with product, engineering and professional services team goals.
- Identify problematic areas with the data and research to determine the best course of action to correct the data.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective solutions
- Develop optimal data management and reporting practices to ensure best practices are put in place
- Serve as a data steward to validate data to ensure accurate reporting
- Lead and participate in client-facing and internal meetings, such as scoping sessions, project kickoffs, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years in a Business Analyst or Business Intelligence role . Experience with a premier BI consulting firm, a major enterprise applications SAAS software firm, or a BI software vendor is a plus
- Logi Analytics©experience preferred, however comparable experience in other BI tools such as Tableau, Click, Oracle, Business Objects or other will be considered..Experience with ETL tools
- Working skills with RDBMS and the ability to prepare SQL. NoSQL/MongoDB skills a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in conveying technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify appropriate analytical approaches based on the client request or business need
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and provide validation of results
- Balance multiple, competing priorities effectively, track documentation and deliverables in an organized manner.
- Solid nderstanding of systems and applications such as UI, data flows, API and release cycles.
- Ability to work/communicate with Database Administrators and Software Developers.
- Advanced SQL querying experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read and understand complex requirements documents, identify gaps and capturing one-off use cases, etc.
- Deliver customer requests on time and deliver high quality solutions.
- Ability to think and operate in a logical manner, break down processes and investigate issues by asking the right questions to determine potential solutions.
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Information Systems or similar degree from an accredited institution. Business majors with combination of certifications and/or experience are acceptable.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- SaaS, ERP platforms
- Data Modeling
- Agile Methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
- Ticket Tracking Systems (JIRA)