About the Role
This position will be responsible for developing, executing and managing sourcing, negotiation and vendor management activities related to technology purchases. This includes cultivating relationships with LendingClub stakeholders at all levels, focused on managing regular vendor engagement activities (sourcing, negotiating, contracting, risk review) and developing cost savings and category sourcing opportunities.
The Senior Manager handles all aspects of the vendor management lifecycle in collaboration with the business partners, Risk SMEs and Legal. Responsibilities will include planning, vendor sourcing (including RFI’s & RFP’s, Reverse Auctions), risk assessment, pricing and contract negotiations, managing due diligence, and facilitating quarterly/annual business reviews to drive value from key suppliers. The role will also focus on collaborating with various business leaders to develop and execute category plans and sourcing strategies that minimize vendor risk while optimizing vendor economics and outcomes. This role will report to the Director, Procurement.
Primary criteria for the role are:
1. Strong procurement and strategic sourcing experience. 10+ years.
2. Background in working across a broad variety of technology purchases (hardware, software, data centers, AWS, storage, content delivery, data and service providers, VAR’s and other technology categories). This role would benefit from specific experience with managing procurement and sourcing for Data Centers, Storage, Network and Switches, AWS or other cloud computing, Network Monitoring Tools, and related hardware and software.
3. Good overall project manager, able to prioritize and execute efficiently, playing a variety of roles to achieve results.
4. Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to create value.
What You'll Do
- Category Management Strategy and Planning: Develop and manage procurement strategies for Technology categories including hardware, software, data centers, AWS, service providers and other technology categories.
- Supplier/Vendor Strategy: Plan, source and select new vendors. Work with business owners to optimize relationships with existing vendors.
- Negotiation: Work quickly but effectively to negotiate the best available price and terms to meet savings goals, minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Understand key terms, lead contract negotiations, establish critical metrics and define SLA’s.
- Optimization of Economics: Own and develop financial analytics to support negotiations and/or purchasing activity, drive continual improvement.
- Risk Assessment and Due Diligence: Assist in the risk and due diligence process to move the vendor through the various stage gates from identification to contracting.
- Process and Execution: Manage a large number of procurement projects and negotiations ranging from order forms to MSA’s to RFI/RFP’s. Develop, select or implement processes and tools to support the Technology Procurement Program.
- Dedicated Leadership and Project Execution. You can independently seek information, solve conceptual problems, corral resources and deliver results in challenging situations. You are known as someone who “gets stuff done.”
- Problem Solver. You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills. You are a strategic and creative thinker.
- Excellent Communicator and Project Manager. You can easily communicate, negotiate, direct, plan, and organize effectively across all levels of an organization and influence thinking and outcomes
- Athlete. You can play a wide-variety of roles to get the job done
- Fast Mover. We move fast... you are nimble with the ability to take decisive action to address business needs that meet corporate business objectives. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in procurement for the technology category in one or more of the following areas: strategic sourcing, purchasing, vendor management, or management consulting.
- Top-notch communication, analytical and organization skills, including experience manipulating data to derive insights for senior management or executives
- Self-starter with ability to own projects from initial inquiry to completion
- Prior banking or financial services industry experience
- Familiarity with Federal regulations impacting the Financial Services industry (FDCPA, TCPA, OCC, etc.)
- Experience in a high growth technology environment
- Professional accreditation in sourcing or procurement
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.