About the Role
You'll be an experienced Valuation Director on a high impact team that helps enable business growth by providing timely and strategic financial data. You'll be a resource that supports the accurate valuation of LendingClub's growing line of fixed income products held on our balance sheet, servicing rights for fixed income products serviced for others and valuation requirements. This is a highly quantitative, individual contributor role.
What You'll Do
- Support/perform valuations of various types of consumer and small business loans, securities, and servicing rights
- Maintain and implement recurring updates to LendingClub's valuation models; maintain valuation model documentation.
- Model, analyze, validate and implement improvements to LendingClub's valuation assumptions, methodologies and practices in concert with cross-function teams.
- Conduct valuation analytics within and across portfolios and identify drivers of valuation changes
- Partner with LendingClub's Risk Management team to implement quality default and prepayment forecasts for use in valuations.
- Routinely analyze and explain changes in valuations against performance expectations.
- Identify and analyze valuation drivers in valuation sensitivity analyses.
- Provide support to consultants on valuation consulting assignments, periodic validation of valuation models and valuation benchmarking
- Support and respond to reviews of valuation models, processes and results by internal and independent auditors.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in a quantitative discipline.
- 7-10 years of applied experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of principles of fixed income analytics including yield/price/return analyses, credit risk and prepayment modeling, option-adjusted spread analytics, relative value analysis and portfolio modeling.
- Experience with fixed income cash flow modeling and approaches to discounting cashflows.
- Experience with statistical applications, preferably in the context of credit risk modeling and/or fixed income valuation.
- Understanding of the relationship between delinquencies, roll rates and borrower default probabilities.
- Understanding of the drivers of borrower prepayment behavior.
- Experience in using, building, reviewing, validating and/or implementing fixed income models.
- Experience in SQL and one of Python, SAS, R or other equivalent data analytic tools.
- Ability to perform as an individual contributor and partner effectively with other members of a team.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.