About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are excited about their career, inspired by our vision and embody our values. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to empower our frontline by helping them provide best in class service through three simple principles:
“Build a Relationship, Make it Easy, and Think Ahead”
We are looking for an experienced person who can simultaneously think strategically about collections activities across key internal functions, while also inspiring business performance at a team and agent level. This is a management role with several direct reports who in turn lead teams of 10-15 agents.
What You'll Do
- Manage performance of Member Payment Solutions staff performing collections and back office functions
- Work with internal partners to execute new collections strategies to drive efficiency and effectiveness for our personal loans business.
- Simultaneously inspiring team performance and driving legal/regulatory adherence for our personal loans collections team.
- Work closely with Legal, Compliance, Audit, and other partners to lead initiatives resulting from the changing regulatory environment and/or audit needs.
- Consult on other strategic initiatives as required by the business
- Over the longer term, the scope of this role will expand to support multiple business units and product lines.
- 5-10 years of experience in a leadership role of progressive responsibility
- Deep experience in collections on both strategic and operational levels; staff management experience and agency management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with legal/regulatory framework governing collections activities including TCPA, FDCPA, FCRA, and bankruptcy court requirements.
- Experience defining and implementing metrics and/or adjusting current metrics based on business demands/needs
- A professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled with the ability to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently - we work in a team-oriented environment.
- A strong problem solver with an interest in making the business better for customers and team members.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple org levels.
- Excellent writing, email, phone and organization skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills coupled with strong computer skills.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus.
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.