About the Role
This role requires a leadership-based managerial style and strong Java skills. We develop in an agile environment that values a team-player approach and clings tightly to the conviction that speed is an essential feature. You’ll be responsible for leading a team that develops a platform that is critical in ensuring LendingClub remains high-performing, scalable and reliable for our borrowers and investors.
What You'll Do
Lending Club is looking to hire a Sr Manager, Engineering to be a part of the Engineering team. As a Sr Manager, Engineering at LendingClub, you will be responsible for managing projects, technology, and a team of developers. You'll use your technical skills to contribute code, but will also lead a team, work with product managers, ensure quality, and enforce processes and standards.
- 8+ years of experience in building and delivering software using Java technologies
- 3+ years of management experience, leading teams
- Solid experience with agile processes, especially scrum
- Strong understanding of testing and quality: TDD, automated test, etc
- Strong understanding of SOA and MVC concepts
- Experience in data architecture, SQL, and ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
- Strong focus on people development and coaching staff members
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to scale applications
- Passion to deliver
- Experience in a true agile environment
- A desire to transform the banking industry
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.