About the Role
The Senior Director, Enterprise PMO will be responsible for leading select strategic initiatives that will shape the future of this organization.
The mission of the ePMO team is to:
Develop a strong and pervasive program management culture across Lending Club
Implement an effective approach to program management that requires clear definition of project scope, resource prioritization and scheduling
Maintain a laser focus on execution
Require a cost versus business impact assessment for every strategic project undertaken by LendingClub
What You'll Do
- All aspects of project initiation and execution for select strategic initiatives. For critical decisions that need to be made, evaluate the available options and provide recommendations to leadership on the preferred option as well as potential alternative solutions. The recommendations will be accompanied by an impact analysis including the pros, cons and financial implications of the various options considered.
- Creation of a Program Charter and operating plan: In partnership with the Business Leader and Subject Matter experts, set out clearly defined goals and objectives for each strategic initiative.
- Creation of Project Plans: Create a detailed project plan for each priority initiative. Project plans will include the identification of the Project Executive Sponsor, Business Owner, Project Manager and Subject Matter Experts, as well as detailed action steps, including owners and due dates, required to deliver the goals and objectives set out in the charter, milestones and key stakeholders.
- Establish Project Governance: Establish a governance structure for each initiative that includes key performance indicators for each workstream, as well as milestones and deliverables for the project team.
- Prepare regular reporting that will track progress against milestones for each workstream, highlighting critical upcoming and completed items, the progress made against the financial goals established at the start of the project, as well as tracking issues, risks and dependencies.
- Identify and Evaluate Cross-Functional Program Dependencies: Evaluate cross-functional dependencies and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the dependencies, as well as the risks and impacts associated with non-delivery and will hold the workstream project managers accountable for delivering critical milestones.
- Financial Analysis: In partnership with the Lending Club Finance Team, prepare and present analysis of the financial impact of each workstream and will track progress towards meeting these financial goals and effectively manage the delivery of the project in accordance with the budget.
- Change Management Protocol: Actively identify opportunities and areas where formal change management protocol needs to be activated to ensure effective delivery of the project objectives while recognizing the potential impact of changes on employees and other stakeholders.
- Risk Analysis: Highlight potential problems, risks and issues and the chances of deviance from the plan. Evaluate the probability of such occurrences, the possible impact, and offer possible solutions.
- Work with the Head of the ePMO function, to evolve project plans and deliverables as the project advances to maintain progress against established goals and account for risks, issues and new information that arises during the completion of the individual workstreams.
- Create a detailed workplan that includes action items, owners and due dates.
- Establish a sense of urgency and accountability within the project teams for on-time, high quality completion of deliverables.
- Coordinate bi-weekly working group to review progress, discuss challenges, provide suggestions and guidance on solutions to issues that arise. Hold the project team members accountable for delivering action items in line with the plan.
- Gather information necessary to provide a complete and accurate update to the steering committee and identify issues requiring escalation.
- Guide corrective actions should issues arise or the project not move forward in line with established milestones.
- 9+ years of program management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or Master’s preferred
- Excellent relational skills with validated ability to work effectively with senior business leaders
- Flexibility required to work in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management skills
- Ability to execute on strategic initiatives while interacting with various internal stakeholders across multiple projects
- Financial Services or Technology experience
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.