About the Role
LendingClub’s Compliance Department is seeking talented individuals for a position as Senior Compliance Marketing Manager to support the company’s marketplace activities. Based in San Francisco, CA, the incumbent will contribute to a strong risk management culture with first, second, and third line functions to ensure regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported on an ongoing basis.
This role provides support and marketing subject matter expertise to advise and guide a line of business as well as the evaluation and development of effective regulatory compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and monitor LendingClub’s compliance marketing program for a Lending Club consumer product line
- Develop and maintain global marketing policies and procedures to address the highest areas of risk and control gaps while streamlining the deal making and spend commitment process for lower risk activities.
- Advise on laws and regulations applicable to consumer product line, including providing guidance to business partners on business requirements
- Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure
- Assist Compliance leadership in fulfilling information requests from third-party partners and regulators
- Partner with senior stakeholders across Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Marketing to execute and keep current (as the business needs evolve) risk assessment across all marketing teams and identify process and control gaps
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements
- Develop controls for business processes to mitigate compliance risk
- Monitor regulatory/legal developments, assess impacts, and partner with Legal to ensure they are effectively communicated to business teams
- Develop and supervise compliance policies and procedures
- Support risk assessment activities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business and legal partners
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters or Law Degree highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction
- 3 years of financial services experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to LendingClub’s business model.
- Master's degree in relevant field.
- Experience in project management and strategy consulting, including implementing projects, managing programs, designing and implementing processes and controls.
- Experience working cross-functionally among teams and business groups; ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.