About the Role
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager is a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. You will be an individual contributor who is able work well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels. You are able to establish links throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in processes and projects and work through preliminary analysis of issues with the Director of Technical Accounting. This position will work closely with the SEC Reporting and Corporate Accounting Departments and the external auditors, and will report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
What You'll Do
- Lead implementation of new accounting standards including the new lease standard and monitor emerging accounting standards to assess impact on LendingClub.
- Provide technical accounting support on new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues through preparation of U.S. GAAP technical accounting memos as they relate to loans and investments, revenue recognition, internally developed software, stock-based compensation, and leases.
- Assist in operationalizing new/complex transactions and function as a liaison for Controllership with the Borrower Group and Legal Department on new initiatives including considering impacts on operational accounting.
- Collaborate with the Legal Department to review new or changed contracts to identify accounting implications.
- Maintain the Accounting Policy Manual by providing additions and enhancements to the Accounting Policy Manual.
- Assist the SEC Reporting Department with new disclosures or other complex financial reporting considerations.
- Assists with external audit activities including technical accounting work performed over new, complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes in existing policies.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 6+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- You are currently employed in a role that requires research and documentation of significant, non-routine transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Validated process for performing complex technical research and analysis from the problem definition stage through facilitating the integration of any new processes (a writing sample may be requested)
- You have excellent written and verbal-interpersonal skills
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.