About the Role
Credit Loss Forecasting Manager role reports to the Sr Manager of Loss Forecasting and is responsible for executing and maintaining the delinquency and charge off forecast for short and long-term outlooks. We are open to consider candidates with Director level experience as well for this opening. Your responsibilities for this position include: execution and compilation of forecast results for different Lending Club businesses – Personal Loans/Small Business/Auto Finance/Patient Finance, identifying challenges/opportunities of loss forecast process, subject matter expertise on portfolio trends as they relate to loss performance, and ability to explain dynamic impact of internal/external strategy or environment changes on credit losses. You will have frequent interaction and communication with cross-function partners. Success in this role requires a self-starter who have creative thinking and analytical skills and can collaborate with different teams and find opportunities to improve the business through analytics.
What You'll Do
- Execute and maintain delinquency and loss forecasting models for multiple usages spanning over budget planning, loan securitization, loan fair value evaluation, stress testing, loan loss reserves and monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Be able to conduct ad hoc analysis to resolve whether any adjustment needed for certain model steps and understand how the adjustment will impact forecasting results
- Lead/participate in analytical projects to identify underlying portfolio performance drivers such as changes to originations/collections strategies, portfolio mix, changes in external economic factors, etc.
- Collect and evaluate data to identify key risk indicators and metrics, develop key metrics, improve reporting and formulate areas of analytic focus to better bring together and handle the main drivers of performance of the portfolio.
- Provide subject matter expertise and communicate updates and or recommendations relating to loss forecast changes.
- You will work with cross-functional partners, e.g. Finance, Accounting, Credit, Decision Analytics, Modeling, Model Governance and Business to understand and address key business challenges as they relate to loss forecasting.
- You have 4+ years of experience in risk management & analytics
- Proficient in Tableau, SQL/SAS, and other business intelligence tools
- 4-7 years of data mining or data driven analytics experience
- Experience in MIS or performance tracking report
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field or related field
- Experience in running interaction and communication with both internal and external regulators (i.e. FED, OCC, Internal Audit) on all aspects of the loss forecast
- You have a shown experience in leading loss forecasting, reserve, or stress testing processes
- Previous experience in Excel VBA for process automation
- Experience in Finance and Collection is a plus
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.