About the Role
LendingClub is seeking a SOX Program Manager that is a motivated self-starter who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who easily adapts to changes in the control environment. In this role, you are a member of the Internal Audit team and responsible for leading the coordination of the SOX Program by working with process owners, co-sourced providers, and external auditors to ensure SOX 404 objectives, deliverables, timelines and budgets are met. You will have a significant amount of interaction with all levels of management within the company.
What You'll Do
- Perform annual scoping and risk assessment, and determine overall timeline, testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Evaluate changes to business processes that have a direct impact to the financial statements and related disclosures.
- Oversee updates to all Section 404 documentation as required including COSO framework mapping, process and control flowcharts, risk and controls matrix, and testing approach.
- Supervise co-sourced providers and review work products to ensure that standards of quality are maintained and to evaluate and conclude on control assessments.
- Maintain the SOX program in a manner that drives efficiencies in the reliance approach with external auditors.
- Research and assess the impact of potential issues, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and track control testing progress, control gaps, and remediation efforts.
- Find opportunities to optimize controls testing to drive efficiencies.
- Provide subject matter expertise on control design adequacy and operating effectiveness.
- Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the framework for evaluating control exceptions.
- Create status updates to senior management and Audit Committee reporting
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and techniques.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles, and formulate effective solutions.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with business and technology partners.
- Strive to build institutional knowledge of specific products, systems, and processes to become a subject matter resource.
- Act as a trusted advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA designation required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Big 4 public accounting or similar experience, including internal controls assessments and financial statement audits.
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB and SOX standards, US GAAP, and COSO guidelines.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable collaborating with business partners, and identifying and addressing business needs through building solid relationships.
- Demonstrate a balance of internal audit skills with common-sense and an excellent ability to communicate.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.