About the Role
LendingClub is seeking a Compensation Programs Manager who is responsible for the planning, crafting, implementing and administrating our compensation programs, policies and procedures. In this role, you will have a direct impact on our compensation strategy supporting base pay structures, job leveling, sales incentive plans, and assurance of market competitive pricing for business divisions. You will partner with HR and business leaders to understand the changing needs of the organization to identify data that can help them in making better business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Align our compensation program strategy with our philosophies, building guidelines and providing education to our teams
- Manage compensation planning cycles inclusive of communication, modeling, analysis and administration
- Partner with People Success Business Partners and leaders to implement compensation programs
- Provide consultation to People Success and recruiting partners on compensation related issues
- Provide leadership in the design of variable pay and equity programs
- Develop and refine compensation business processes, governance models and guidelines
- Design tools and communication materials to effectively educate employees and managers on all compensation programs
- In partnership with our people data analyst, use data to solve people related business issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of compensation partner and/or compensation program experience
- Proficient in Workday
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understand complexities and nuances with reporting on different organizational hierarchies.
- Ability to consult with partners and identify metrics and interpretation needed in deliverables.
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and with highly confidential data.
- Ambitious with a focus on getting results and strong sense of accountability.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving.
- Positive relationship building skills to acquire trust of business partners business leaders.
- Ability to manage change effectively while mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications.
- Able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects under tight timelines.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.