About the Role
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we do data! In our Big Data Solutions group, you will be responsible for the strategic architecture, engineering and deployment of our Data ecosystem; including a large initiative to move our entire Big Data platform to AWS while improving it with new real-time, analytical and machine learning capabilities to power every aspect of our business. Do you have the passionate to make it happen? If you have the aim to take your software engineering career to the next level, while gaining practical, hands-on experience with the most ground breaking technologies in the computer engineering and data space – We want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As part of the LendingClub’s Big Data Platform team, this position will support the critical massive data architecture and core development of batch and real time ingestion and analytic platform.
- You will design, develop, maintain LendingClub’s BigData Ingestion and Analytic Platform
- Designing, maintaining, monitoring and automating cloud-based services in AWS in BigData space
- You will be implementing and improving Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- You have the expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in data pipeline.
- You are building security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Performance tuning & testing
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- You love staying current with the industry's latest news, advancements and open source initiatives.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
- 5-10 years’ experience in Java Development.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Big Data Space – Hadoop (HDFS, YARN), Hive, Spark, Presto
- At least 2 years’ experience with cloud data platform solutions like AWS EMR, AWS S3, Qubole, Databricks etc.
- Exposure to different file formats like AVRO, Parquet, ORC etc
- Experience in building and maintaining Realtime Data Ingestion system with Kafka/Kinesis, Spark Streaming
- Experience in scripting in languages like Python and shell scripting
- Experience in any Scheduler – Oozie/Airflow
- Experience in Scala
- You have delivered solutions on AWS or other large scale cloud platforms
- You have exposure to Cassandra or any NoSQL database
- You have experience in building AI and ML platform like TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn, H2O, Spark ML Lib, R etc
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.