About the Role
LendingClub reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we utilize data! As a talented Data Engineer you will join our growing Data Technology team to help drive business decisions. Lending Club’s business is data driven and you will build solutions to help the company make decisions about marketing, pricing, credit, funding, and many other business aspects.
What You'll Do
- Data analysis, profiling, mapping, and modeling
- 5+years of Development of high performance SQL/Hive queries and data transformation
- Strong relational database skills
- You have exposure to BigData challenges and NoSQL technologies (Hive, Oozie, MongoDB)
- UNIX/Linux experience and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology, TDD, source control management, and automated testing
- You have the ability to work with a team in solving problems
- Superb communication skills
- Experience with Spark would be helpful
- You are a Scrum team-player who loves to use data to analyze the past and to predict the future
- You are passionate engineer who enjoys challenging and interesting problems – huge amounts of data, scale, performance, and integration to name a few
- You are a professional who is excited to apply their current skills and an open mind to grow their knowledge base
- People love to work with you!
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.