About the Role
LendingClub’s Compliance Department is seeking talented candidates for the position of Compliance Analyst. Based in San Francisco, CA, the Compliance Analyst will work transversally with all areas of Compliance.
You will assist the Compliance VP on responses to audits of the compliance function, regulatory examinations, and investor due diligence reviews.
You will provide support for the Compliance Risk Assessment process, including for third parties compliance risk assessments.
You will help develop senior management, executive, and board reports regarding the activities of the Compliance department and compliance risks.
You will work on assignments related to the Compliance governance process, including the coordination of any compliance working groups, committees, or sub-committees and will participate in the development and implementation of the GRC tool.
You will work on BSA/AML initiatives as directed by the BSA/AML Compliance officer or designee.
The successful candidate must have knowledge, interest, and experience in financial services compliance, audits and examinations, corporate governance, and/or management reporting.
This individual will demonstrate strong communication and project management skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, attention to detail, an understanding of financial services compliance and the ability to work on a wide range of initiatives simultaneously.
What You'll Do
- In collaboration with partners in Audit, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management and the Investor Group, assist in the preparation of meetings, assembling of data and materials, and coordinate responses to compliance audits, investor due diligence, and regulatory examinations.
- Participate in the implementation and development of the compliance modules of the Governance, Risk, and Compliance tool in collaboration with ERM.
- Help enhance the compliance risk assessment methodology in collaboration with all the compliance teams; help facilitate the periodic Compliance risk assessment process for the Borrower and Investor groups.
- Assist with preparation of material for Compliance working groups, committees, and sub-committees, including agendas, materials, and summaries, reports for the Chief Compliance Officer and Board of Directors for reporting on compliance risk management activities.
- Work on various BSA/AML matters as requested by the BSA/AML Compliance officer or designee;
- Work on various transversal compliance projects as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience in financial services compliance function.
- Prior direct exposure to regulatory examinations management preferred.
- Internal audit or compliance testing experience preferred.
- Team player, able to solve problems with business partners and expert teams across the organizational lines.
- Strong writing, analytical and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificities of our unique business model, advanced technology capabilities, and evolving regulatory environment.
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered.
- Comfortable with balancing multiple and competing priorities.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.