About the Role
We are the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating personal loans, business loans, and financing for elective medical procedures. Borrowers access lower interest rate loans through a fast and easy online or mobile interface.Investors provide the capital to enable many of the loans in exchange for earning interest. We operate fully online with no branch infrastructure, and use technology to lower cost and deliver an amazing experience. We pass the cost savings to borrowers in the form of lower rates and investors in the form of attractive returns. We’re transforming the banking system into a frictionless, transparent and highly efficient online marketplace, helping people achieve their financial goals every day.
What You'll Do
- You will lead a strong team of product managers that own the LendingClub’s investor facing products roadmap
- You and your team are accountable for the evolution of our already leading investor marketplace platform which enables a growing number of institutional and retail investors to buy and sell loans and other securities
- You closely partner with the business leadership of our Investor group to define and prioritize the roadmap and you oversee its execution
- You align your team’s goals with the success of the business and you own the success metrics
- You proactively identify, recruit, coach and mentor top talent and ensure theInvestor Product Management team is fully engaged and delivering its very best work
- You nurture a product culture that is deeply rooted in serving customers and delivering such benefits to them that they cannot imagine going back to the old ways
- You are a proactive contributor of compelling big ideas for our investorbusiness and you thoroughly research and support your ideas with a sound business case. You teach others how to do this too.
- You lead key projects from concept through planning to development, launch, and post-launch support
- You partner with engineering in all aspects of solution architecture, delivery and post launch support
- Every day, you bring your can-do, positive attitude and sense of urgency, curiosity, and drive to make impossible happen
- You have a minimum 7 years of experience in Product Management at an internet company, with at least 5 years of experience in hiring, leading and inspiring strong product teams
- The teams you led consistently showed the strongest employee engagement
- Prior experience in building products or technologies for peer-to-peer lending, securities trading, securitization, product structuring for institutional or retail investor is a huge plus
- You are an excellent communicator vis-a-vis any audience – executive, business, design or technology. You can easily explain complex concepts to people with no domain or technical knowledge and make sure they understand the implications.
- You are absolutely clear about your customer personas and the jobs that they are trying to solve
- You embrace design thinking and customer-centric-innovation and have several projects to point to
- You are an effective change leader
- You have a consistent track record of successfully influencing cross-functional organizations. You know how to work through the organization and through the product complexities to accomplish what needs to get done.
- You possess expert command of the product management process – from user research, hypothesis definition, testing, epics, user stories, roadmap prioritization, resource tracking, release management, and agile development processes
- You have extraordinary analytical capabilities – you can come up with the relevant metrics that move the business forward, and you don’t rest until everyone involved is looking at the same data, understands the trends and opportunities and measures their progress against that
- You are a self-starter who is always aligned with the bigger business goals a team needs
- Previous quantitative, computer science, engineering or financial engineering experience a big plus
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Masters in economics, or other equivalent degree
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.