About the Role
We are looking for a functional team leader to join our innovative risk advanced analytics team. We do a lot of applied researches from high-dimension, structured and unstructured data to tackle business problems, and bring the solution to production to make the real business impact.
In this role, you should have a leadership experience with critical thinking, highly analytical, and problem-solving skills. Also, you have passion to adopt any state-of-art machine learning algorithms and new big data tools/platform.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of talented data scientists to research and build innovative and systematic solutions to enable large scale risk assessment and decisions
- Drive the attributes innovations from massive and highly complex data sets (structured/unstructured) to identify credit and fraud risk patterns through advanced data mining and machine learning techniques
- Be responsible to collaborate closely with business owners, product managers and engineering teams in building more robust risk decision infrastructure, deploying models and risk decision strategies, enhancing system, trouble-shooting issues etc.
- Obtain deep understanding of risk policies of different lines of business and ensure data science products are validated, implemented and executed accurately
- Support to expand current system to accommodate new products in more efficient and robust risk decision process
- Motivate senior data scientists and coach junior data scientists
- 10+ years of experiences in data science, data analytics and risk scoring/decision engine as well as managing junior analysts
- Must have a Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative, Engineering, or Science field
- Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective working relationships with other functional teams within the company, with dedication and willingness to learn and adjust in a fast-paced working environment
- Extensive experience in SQL, Python, R/SAS or other equivalent data mining tools
- Be conformable to use Unix environment and github tools to manage team code repositories
- Experience in validating and implementing risk models and strategies
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.