What You’ll Do
- Manager Component Demand Planning for the Supply Chain organization and identify risks and potential solutions
- Lead weekly (may be monthly as we mature) cross functional meetings to develop plan (include HW development, LiDAR, Vehicle, SC Leads, Manufacturing)
- Build demand plan for the SC organization and identify any risks and potential solutions
- Coordinate and manage Bill of Material changes for components
- Buy/ Procure Material and ensure a clean clear to build (CTB) for all build events
- Work with CMS (Contract Manufacturers) and GSMs (Global Supply Managers) on all material related issues
- Manage the PO and logistics process to ensure smooth inventory flow to meet production schedules
- Own and drive the tactical plan for in stock management metrics
- Improve visibility of material supply status by designing appropriate reports, tools, and systems
- Identify Excess & Obsolete inventory by highlighting parts with liability and propose solutions to management
- In the occurrence of ECN or EOL, track & audit CM E&O claims
- Timely escalation of any risks to program timing as a result of material delay
- Collaborate with cross functional team to ensure timely resolution
- Integrate strong and clear analysis for supply chain (i.e., supply base spending, material category spending, purchase price variance)
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA a plus
- 12-15 years materials experience with Production/Planning/MRP
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve under pressure with poise
- Eagerness to learn and demonstrate value in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with making quick, informed decisions with 80% information
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present to management with ease and confidence
- Thrives most when working independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineering and supply chain
- Open to travel (25-30% depending on commodity)
- Must be analytical and detail oriented
- Technical expertise and prior OEM management
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber’s world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.