ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Business Solutions Architect – Financial Systems & Payments will be responsible for designing and building Udemy’s next generation financial systems and payments infrastructure.
The Business Solutions architect will be responsible for coordinating with key business stakeholders including the Accounting, Finance, and Tax teams regarding their business requirements and also serving as the Business Systems technical lead for the Engineering/Product teams.
This role will require a diverse set of skills across Technology, Solution Design, and Program Management:
• Track record of technical leadership and business facing roles to understand business requirements and designing technical solutions
• Experience with enterprise business applications such as Salesforce, Workday, and NetSuite
• Perform Build vs. Buy decisions, Business Capabilities scorecards, Vendor and Security evaluations, Roadmaps etc
• Experience in Business Intelligence, Data warehousing, Visualization, and Data governance
• Life cycle management of applications delivering business requirements and ensuring platform sustainability over the long-term
• Development and communication of technical roadmaps
• Hands-on as needed to complete operations work and platform development of application instances, working with internal and external technical resources as needed
• Solution architecture, design, implementation, maintenance and support of technical solutions in an enterprise environment
• Ability to advocate, promote and sell ideas to achieve architectural goals, improve efficiency, and reduce complexity
• Strong facilitation skills including conflict management, issue resolution, situational leadership, and removing roadblocks
• Document existing (as-is) and future state (to-be) business processes, define and document functional requirements, and conduct information flow analysis and process modeling within and across multiple business streams to meet the demands of the system rollout
• Analyze current employee experience related processes, define the future state, perform a gap analysis to get from current state to future state, and deliver documentation comprising all the analysis including detailed requirements
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Work collaboratively with internal customers from senior management to individual contributors to develop and execute solution strategies that support company goals and objectives
• Knowledge and experience in both Agile and Waterfall project lifecycle management approaches
• Knowledge and experience in project/program management including TCO and ROI metrics
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 24 million students learn from an extensive library of over 80,000 courses taught by 35,000 instructors in over 50 languages. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.