London based with some international travel to HQ and client visits
CognitiveScale builds enterprise software that helps companies win with Artificial Intelligence. We make AI work for our client’s business by helping them engage their customers better and making their processes smarter by accelerating the adoption of AI in the client’s enterprise.
Overview of Team
We are a small yet successful dynamic team in the UK leading the way in AI enabled business transformation solutions across many blue chip organisations. Our multidisciplinary team enables client engagement and full project lifecycle from solution selling and into delivery. Existing delivery focused skills include account management, architecture, security, business analysis, data analysis, development, machine learning, project management and UI/UX.
Due to growth in our business we are looking to expand our team as we take on new clients, new domains we are looking for the ‘right person’ to join us. We are looking for a strong leader to own and drive key solutions on projects from early inception (pre-sales), requirements gathering, analysis and solution design, implementation, testing and transition of the final delivery.
This is no typical Solution Architect role, we are looking for someone who can span across business, data and application architecture and lead the way for innovation. With us you can expect to learn new things and be part of an organisation that is constantly innovating with over 120 intellectual patents with 10% of the IP Patents on Cognitive and Blockchain solutions coming from UK office. We can assure you, that if you have the right attitude, capabilities and outlook you will be tested, challenged and highly engaged in shaping leading technologies and their deployments onto client sites.
As a solution architect you are naturally a good problem solver in additional we are looking for someone with the ability to create, build and test designs, in a cost effective and timely manner. No one project is ever the same however there are key things that will be expected of you such as
- Provide regular insights to UK leadership team on project status; working towards key deadlines, thinking ahead, anticipating potential roadblocks and planning for contingencies to ensure we deliver on time.
- Understanding what keeps your customers awake at night through strong engagement and managing requirements, implementation to ensure success
- Ensuring we create business value through our solutions by working in collaboration with the client and keeping them abreast at each stage of the project.
- Breaking down high level solution into manageable work packages for each team member and create a backlog.
- Support Sales team in pre sales engagements
- Commercial awareness and ability to size, schedule and scope work accordingly
- Keep current on the latest development in the AI space and apply this knowledge where appropriate.
- Produce clear documentation and distribute relevant solution architect artefacts for different stakeholders such as points of view, business cases, use case models, component and data diagrams.
- Advise team on infosec requirements
- Understand your customers domain and create solutions that are relevant to that industry (accounting for regulators, standards and best practices)
- Managing team progress (including on-offshore delivery)
- Develop strategic initiatives; outlining SWOT analysis and understand constraints such as Market Factors (time-to-market imperatives, customer expectations etc)
- Lead and actively participate in delivery team activities and become a valued member of the delivery team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for some key ingredients such as passion, resourcefulness, structure and ability to create effective solution through an engaging process with our clients. The right person will possess
- Strong capabilities to “bring it all together”;
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills;
- Ability to work to key deadlines, includes thinking ahead, anticipating potential roadblocks and planning for contingencies to ensure we deliver on time.
- Team Rapport; Track record working in a successful multi-skilled team, our team is small but effective so the ability to hit the ground running is key.
- Agile and ability to adapt to different environments
- Track record working at an advisory level to internal and external senior stakeholders (CxO, Head of Businesses), engage at the business layer and translate those needs into feasible technical requirements
- Consultative approach: working in new domains and sectors the SA must be able to get up to speed very quickly.
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Understand what options are feasible - commercial, legal, operational and technical.
- Good project management experience focusing on key deliverables including the ability to proactively keep others updated of key activities.
- Structured, highly organised and self-sufficient
- Experience working in financial services in either retail banking, wealth management, capital markets is a strong desirable.
- Business Architecture
- Be able to consult with business stakeholders
- Be able to create business reference architectures and strong points of view
- Data Architecture
- Systems / Application Architecture
- Awareness of Application and Information Security
- Risk Assessments
- ISO 27001
- Data Science
- Understand the families of algorithms and their application
Technical Skills Include
Must have a strong understanding and ability to assist in the delivery of:
- Cloud Platforms
- Strong working knowledge of either Amazon or Azure
- Enterprise Solutions
- Operational Data Stores
- Big Data
- SQL and NoSQL
- TOGAF or similar certification
- Experience working in an agile method is highly desirable
Some travel is expected and will vary depending on the client.
Cognitive Systems learn and interact naturally with people to extend what either man or machine could do on their own. These systems harness the power of the five forces shaping our digital world today: cloud, mobile, big data, analytics and social to help connect us, widen us, and deepen who we are.
We know that a company is only as good as its people. That is why we are relentlessly focused on creating a company which attracts the best and the brightest rewards them for excellence and results. Come join us.