We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is Artifical Intelligence. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
Join a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, innovators, and Olympians who are leading the cognitive computing revolution. You can enter in on the ground floor to help us build cognitive solutions for diverse industries including healthcare, travel, retail, and financial services.
Help us create our Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) capabilities and take it to the next level! CognitiveScale is adding a SRE Engineer to our team in Austin. In this role you’ll have the unique opportunity to influence and support the implementation and expansion of CognitiveScale’s growing virtual server and infrastructure environments.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in many (though not necessarily all) of the following areas:
- Amazon AWS experience or Microsoft Azure;
- Linux server administration;
- Storage systems;
- Network, server, and application security;
- Scripting in one or more languages (Python, Bash, etc.);
- Monitoring and Alerting systems; Administrating and monitoring SaaS deployments;
- Distributed datastores
And bonus points will be given for experience with the following:
- Ansible, Chef or Puppet;
- Rancher or Kubernetes
- Github, svn, or other version control systems
- Backup and restore technologies
You should have demonstrated success in supporting environments that utilize many of the components described above, and be willing and able to quickly learn the rest of the existing technologies in use. We also need you to have knowledge and confidence in planning and recommending future technologies in collaboration with the development team.
This is a full-time position located onsite at our offices in AUSTIN, TX; candidates desiring remote or virtual work, or relocation, will unfortunately not be considered at this time.
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with Engineering, Solutions Services, Customer Success, and other departments.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as HIPAA, ISO, SOX, SSAE 16, etc.
- 5+ years experience leading/mentoring a technical team
- 5+ years experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider.
- 2+ years of administering cloud infrastructure environments (AWS and/or Azure)
- 5+ years Linux system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring/alerting systems and building extensions as needed
- 3+ years of experience with backup and restore technologies
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc)
- Experience using configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution frameworks.
- Strong understanding of system, security and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and standards for the Cloud Ops team
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.