Love marketing? Do you want to help marketers become better marketers? Do you want to have a voice at the table beyond copy-writing?
Come join one of the leading tech companies in Portland.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Content Strategist who is passionate about creating engaging, data-driven content to help Act-On engage, educate and provide value to our target audiences.
Our ideal candidate has a foundation as an excellent writer and editor. They have a desire to learn and try new things. They enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and they are curious to experiment in videos, podcasts, calls to action and other marketing tactics.
You will plan, research, write/edit and produce various content projects targeted to B2B marketers. We want our content to drive an action, whether that is reading the next blog post, signing up for a newsletter or podcast, downloading an eBook, and ultimately converting into a sale. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. We’re also looking for an individual with experience in analyzing the results of content in helping drive more informed, data-driven decisions on the overarching content strategy.
- Lead the content team to ensure current and future content aligns with Act-On’s overall strategy
- Direct the efforts, provide guidance, and help one direct report grow in their career goals
- Communicate internally and broadly (blog posts, team and/or company presentations, etc.) about the content being produced and the results it’s helping drive
- Able to stay flexible and agile in fast-paced work environment
- Research, write/create, and edit content, including but not limited to whitepapers, blog posts, eBooks, webinars, video scripts, infographics, emails, presentations, customer case studies, interactive and website copy
- Stage content on Act-On’s platforms, whether website, social media site, or third-party vendors (such as video hosting platform)
- Maintain content editorial calendars and master content library
- Collaborate with marketing and other departments to produce content; and/or edit their content
- Measure and report on content effectiveness, and optimize programs and content based on internal and third-party analytics
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar, and help distinguish Act-On’s content from its competitors
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field preferred
- Proven track record in content development (include writing samples or links to them)
- 5 years of experience in tech content creation and strategy
- Exceptional research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and brand voice of our business
- Experience with on-page SEO tactics
- Experience in Wordpress, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, and a marketing automation platform preferred