At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
The BlueJeans Engineering Operations team is looking for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA). You will architect/design next gen MySQL and NOSQL database systems.
· Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
· Provide technical expertise to design efficient solutions for next generation MySQL and NOSQL database systems.
· Provide DB engineering support for different types of databases such as MySQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, Cassandra and MongoDB
· Design and implementation solutions for high availability, replication and disaster recovery solutions
· Evaluate, recommend and build NoSQL and SQL solution for the right business use case
· Consult with users and applications on query optimization, optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments and making recommendations to optimize overall performance.
· Leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of end user capabilities
· Hands on experience leading delivery through Agile methodologies
· Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
· 8+ years work experience
· 5+ years Database Administration experience
· 3+ years SQL & SQL performance tuning
· Experience managing NOSQL databases such HBASE, Casandra, MongoDB
· Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and queries (SQL)
· Understanding of data architecture
· Experience managing code on Github