In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership in the design, implementation and operation of the BlueJeans platform. This includes gathering requirements from all business units and implementing
automated solutions to solve problems and make the business operate efficiently. Additionally this role will actively participate in architecture and design sessions with members of the engineering and product management teams. Mentoring, team building and collaboration are also critical as the Tools team grows and matures.
What you will be doing :
● Automation, Orchestration and tools creation
Required experience includes :
● Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Proficiency with Python and Ruby
● Managing and configuring monitoring and alerting systems like Nagios (Icinga)
● Managing metrics monitoring systems like Graphite, Prometheus, etc.
● AWS, Azure, or equivalent public cloud experience
● Docker / Mesos / Kubernetes
● Configuration management such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
● Experience in a cloud services company
● On-call rotation to support our tools stack
What about the bonus skills?
● Knowledge of H.323, SIP, Microsoft Lync and any other technologies in video / voice conferencing
● Experience with BGP, OSPF, ECMP, SDN other buzzworthy networking TLAs
● MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra or other database expertise (you name it, we probably use it)
● Virtualization management and integration (ESX, AWS, OpenStack)
● Work closely with developers, testers, and operations engineers
● Tackle big problems in configuration management, instrumentation, inventory management system and deployment control
● Learn the strengths and weaknesses of the latest open source software and tools
● Fix something, design something, implement something, and dream up something all in the same day