Turnitin is seeking a Technical Project Manager to work in the Technology team in an Agile software development environment.
You will serve as a Scrum Master who loves working at the heart of a close-knit team and going the extra mile to help teams deliver projects that exceed all expectations. As part of the Technology group, you will take responsibility for aligning, planning, reporting, and measurement across product and engineering teams. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound projects within and beyond the Technology organisation by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flow, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage various initiatives within Engineering, taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Scrum master one or more Engineering teams; and champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and Product Management.
- Build and maintain alignment across teams for focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes/workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
- Leadership skills with the power to influence peers and management
- Capable of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with peers and management
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; preferably experience working with or as a software, test, and/or system engineer
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in written word.
- Ability to see the big picture, translate and decompose as needed, and tactically execute from start to finish.
- Ability to adapt to changes in project priorities as determined by senior management
- Experience working with distributed teams in a Scrum framework.
- Experience with standard tools: JIRA, Confluence, Excel, MS Project/Smartsheet, Powerpoint
- Certification with the Scrum Alliance and/or certification as a Scrum Professional is a plus
- Competitive Salary and holiday allowance
- Various salary sacrifice schemes
- Flexible working
- International travel opportunities
- Training initiatives
- Volunteering days and charitable matching
- Free snacks & breakfast
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.