At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen to be the Associate Store Manager for Topanga. You will oversee staff and day-to-day operations alongside the Store Manager. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer-centric and consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching and investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep and increase customer awareness.
- Protect and enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to the Casper organization.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans and increasing Casper’s market penetration rate.
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the manager, including staff scheduling, opening/closing, inventory management, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions and facilities maintenance.
- Recruit, retain and develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, and mentor a world class service-minded and high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement and learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement.
- Implement and supervise ongoing training and feedback with the team.
- Work with the fleet to build out back of house processes and manage continuous improvements.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 50lb
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!