Casper is seeking a Procurement and Cost Control Manager who will report to the Director of Store Development. This role will be responsible for managing the procurement process for retail and wholesale construction projects. The Procurement and Cost Control Manager will also be responsible for tracking and allocating project invoices as well as collecting tenant allowances on retail projects.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Partner with design and experience team to resource, bid, allocate and track fixtures, materials, furniture, props and visual items
- Develop systems for all tracking, procurement and TI collection in tandem with Director of Store Development
- Develop master agreements for all vendors
- Track bulk orders – allocation, distribution, replenishment
- Research and present value engineering options and alternate material options
- Work with Designers, PM’s and Construction Companies on area take offs
- Request purchase orders for the Store Development Team
- Maintain tracking of all project invoices
- Collect Tenant Allowance when required for retail construction projects
- Partner with finance on month end and year end closeouts, inventory positions and accrual
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Real Estate and other key departments on an on-going basis to ensure the efficient execution of the roll out of stores and shops
Our dream candidate has...
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience on the brand or construction side on procurement, bidding and cost control
- Experience and familiarity with construction materials, methods, and finishes
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!