Casper is seeking a Senior Brand Designer to join our growing Brand Creative team. This role requires a highly motivated and talented visual designer with a background in visualizing a unified brand look and feel across many channels. You will lead the concepting and visual execution for a large variety of projects from product launches to large brand marketing initiatives. You must possess strategic creative thinking, with a strong understanding of how thoughtful design can influence and strengthen a brand. You also have experience collaborating with talented copywriters and are willing to mentor young designers.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop conceptually sound creative and visual assets for print, out of home, animation, digital marketing, experiential, social content, emails, and more.
- Work closely with Art Directors and Copywriters to generate innovative, engaging and interesting creative that resonates with our audience.
- Develop creative that is both on-brief and on-brand, with an incredible attention to craft and detail.
- Quickly sketch, comp, and visualize ideas to communicate with internal stakeholders for proof-of-concept purposes.
- Concept progressive, fun, and interesting creative that captivates and engages both new and existing customers, across mediums.
- Present creative work passionately and persuasively to stakeholders across the organization and beyond.
Our dream candidate is...
- 3-4 years of experience at a design or branding studio, either agency or in-house
- BA or BFA in graphic design, visual communications, or related field.
- Contemporary and engaging portfolio with strengths in conceptual thinking, typography, layout, and brand system development.
- Experience working with illustration as an element of brand expression.
- Very strong typographic layout skills and sensibilities across many mediums.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and juggle many different types of projects on different timelines, with independent time-management skills.
- Ability and experience presenting work in meetings, and selling creative visions to various stakeholders, cross-functionally.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!