The Visual Field Coordinator role will work closely with the Visual Merchandising Manager and Environments Design Director to set and review retail spaces, concept visual merchandising and fixture systems, as well as execute experiential marketing installations and retail events.
You will be a part of a dynamic, creative team where you will interact with cross-functional partners to ensure that all physical environments are in line with the Casper brand standards. The position reports directly to the Visual Merchandising Manager based in New York.
The role will require an acute eye, attention to detail, passion for Brand, and excellent visual storytelling skills. The ideal candidate will also have a strong interest in architecture, interior design, lighting, furniture, and product design.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
- Assist in concepting 3D visual environments and installations for Casper retail & wholesale locations
- Explore visual merchandising systems and store fixtures
- Execute marketing activations and retail events, according to strategic direction from the Environment Design Director and Visual Merchandising Manager
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure store presentations meet company standards and maintain visual direction
- Proactively manage and have ultimate accountability for the floor set process through effective planning, mapping, and execution.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional departments (eg. design, product, marketing, and operations) to discuss and review project needs and to ensure all requirements are met
- Lead staff visual training workshops and exercises. This includes training on visual standards, expectations and any changes to floor sets throughout the year
- Gather photos and feedback from retail stores to review visual standards with visual manager
- Utilize sales reports to track and analyze business and determine weekly objectives with the Store Manager
Our dream candidate is...
- You are obsessed with aesthetic, organization and creating beautiful spaces for all to enjoy
- High organizational skills
- Multidisciplinary approach to executing and problem-solving
- No task too small, no task too big attitude
- 2+ years visual merchandising experience, preferably in a retail lifestyle brand
- Experience with design and rendering programs is a bonus
- Must be proactive, comfortable working in ambiguity and partnering with different stakeholder groups
- Willing to travel
- All your friends are jealous of your bedroom - it looks like a Pinterest page, after all.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!