Digital Product Designers at Casper care deeply about human-centered design solutions.
Working across Casper.com and its expanding digital touch points, the team wears many hats. We look holistically and strategically at the end-to-end user experience to design valuable new products and features and optimize the existing experience for maximum impact. We think thoroughly about every detail of the customer experience—both the interfaces created and the stories told.
We are highly collaborative, working closely across disciplines with digital product managers, developers, user researchers, analysts and brand designers. We are the advocate for the end user, informing Casper’s digital strategy while delivering exceptional concepting, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Own and lead the UX and UI design on aspects of the Casper online experience.
- Work independently on design tasks with moderate level of control and review.
- Demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy for our core website and other digital touchpoints in the Casper ecosystem.
- Work with and maintain Casper’s design language system - ensuring consistency across design work.
- Work through appropriate process to ensure that features and optimations meet the required standard - from ‘minimum viable” to “minimum delightful” to the full experience.
- Communicate and present design challenges and their impact quickly and effectively.
- Closely collaborate with our Brand Creative team to craft compelling stories through copy, video, animation, illustration and photography.
- Elegantly architect UX and UI for optimizations and the design of new features.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Incorporate customer, product and business goals into design solutions.
- Continually strive to express the Casper brand in a digital medium.
- Create artifacts for qualitative tests and use the insights to inform design decisions.
- Work with qualitative insights and quantitative data to make smart optimisations to existing products. Use site data and analytics to inform optimisations to our products and experiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply motion, animation and micro-interactions to create fluid and playful experiences.
- Partner with product managers and developers. Represent UX in cross-team collaborations with data, marketing, and user research.
- Contribute to the digital team development of new tools and processes for achieving success, e.g. a style guide, brainstorm sessions, etc.
- Commit to continually learning, training, and improving yourself across technical and adaptive skills.
- Share honest, thoughtful feedback with fellow designers. Commit to continually learning, training, and improving yourself and others.
- You’ll take full ownership your work. Identify the types of feedback, research, and data needed to inform the rollout of new features and optimizations.
- Work on multiple projects in a dynamic environment, and seek help when needed. Recognize and help when your colleagues need support.
- Identify and pitch ideas that create business or user value.
Our dream candidate is…
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design.
- 4+ years experience in designing end-to-end digital product experiences
- Passion for brand, and brand expression.
- Meticulous attention to detail applied across usability and aesthetics.
- Experience of shipping products and services that exist and are loved in the world.
- Experience iterating on products and services in market.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience working across web, IOS and Android
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); openness to collaboration and continual growth.
- Experienced with: Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision and other prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, IOS and Android semantics.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!