The pricing manager will own pricing recommendation and analysis for the Casper suite of products. This role will work closely with the product, commercial, data, finance and operations team to optimize competitive pricing while maintaining hitting margin targets.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Pricing Analysis
- Own the pricing analysis for the Casper product line, including competitive and market intelligence, segmentation, pricing process, value-based pricing, deal support, and data and analytics. Analyze price relationships between products.
- Maintain pricing subject matter expertise, staying abreast of developments and best practices; regularly update and communicate out competitor audits and pricing matrices.
- Compile quarterly pricing recommendations for current product offering.
- Margin Analysis
- Work with Product Management team to set margin goals for new products
- Collaborate with cross-functional team (ops, product, finance) to identify margin improvement opportunities.
- Analyze history and future product opportunities to set margin targets by product vertical.
- New Product Development
- Partner with the Product Management team to understand the right target price for new products.
- Once product is finalized, own pricing analysis of new products prior to going to market (upcoming quarterly launches)
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Mathematics / Statistics
- MBA or Master degree
- 3-5 years experience with price setting and pricing analytics
- Experience working across core business functions, such as marketing, finance, or sales
- Project Management and Change Management experience
- Demonstrated business analysis skills
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of customer needs
- Track record in building business relationships
- Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!