- Organizing and managing the IT maintenance activities at the BCP.
- Managing issue resolution pertaining to the IT/Electronics works at site
- Monitor the good functioning of the equipment’s at site
- Monitor the SLAs for all IT/Electronic equipment’s at site
- Manage openings and closure of lanes for preventive/corrective maintenance with the help of BCP Head / RTO Officers.
- Make sure minimum downtime is required at lanes and there are minimum disruptions due to failure of lane equipment’s and other BCP equipment’s
- Make sure that the applicable SOPs and procedures are being followed for operating IT/Electronics at site
- Monitor that the data/video is being backed up properly at site and after the requisite time the data is getting transferred to the CCR
- Make sure that all the security precautions with respect to data storage, transfer, and deletion are in place and are being enforced on ground.
- Maintain the applicable statutory/compliance documents and drawings at site
- Ensure no unauthorized personnel are given access to the site / data at the BCP.
- Maintaining proper asset inventory of all the IT equipments’ installed and spares available at Checkpost.
- Proper reporting to HO/CCR for any incident/damages to IT equipments’ and further taking followup to replace the same.
- Updating and maintaining status of all the IT equipments’ alongwith the third party vendor, if any.
- Interaction with vendors and maintaining records as per the contract
- Monitor the RFID issuance activity at site and track for maximum number of tags being issued on a daily basis. Work with the RFID Supervisor to resolve any issues pertaining to RFID issuance
- Monitor and track the IT/Electronics items/spares/consumables in stores
- Make sure that spares management is done by each of the vendors at site and report to the IT Maintenance Manager in case of any issues
- If procurement of IT/Electronics items has to be done then co-ordinate with the IT Maintenance Manager at Head Office
- Manage the verification/testing of equipment’s during inward entry
- Any Surplus / unused equipment at the BCP should be intimated to IT Head / Manager at HO
- Manage and interact with the IT Support Staff and vendor staff at site
- Manage the training of new IT resources at site
- Monitor the compliance of the quality procedures as per SOPs at lane
- Recommend any process/performance improvements at site to the IT Maintenance Manger
- Report improvement opportunities with regards to various vendor related works.
- Assist in IT audits at site
- Manage and coordinate with the IT support staff (in-house + outsourced) at the BCP
- Maintain and track the budget allotted for operations/maintenance of IT/Electronic equipments at site