Delivering quality products is the core responsibility of SnapRoute Engineering team. Central to this mission is pulling together the various elements within the Engineering team to make this possible. Technical Program Manager is a key element which binds all aspects of product delivery into a cohesive end to end development eco-system – from the backend infrastructure to the finishing touches. We live and breathe a customer first customer last mentality and Technical Program Management is a leading role to delighting customers.
The role of a Technical Program Manager is more than just defining a program and tracking it – here at SnapRoute, TPM is required to be agile in relating his/her understanding of the relevant technology and enabling the engineering team members to achieve its goals with optimal efficiency and alignment to business requirements. It’s expected that the individual will bring with him/her, the most updated approach to run an Agile program with the latest tooling support. This person needs to be a self-starter who can motivate oneself as well as those around to push the envelope of technology innovation in a team first collaborative mentality.
As a member of the Engineering team at SnapRoute – you will always have a seat at the table and are expected to drive team to achieve the stated business goal amidst a dynamic environment.
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Guiding the team on self-organizing within the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Creating and managing detailed program and project schedules and coordinating cross-functional team deliverables
• Ensuring Release scope is defined, estimated, prioritized and scheduled
• Conducting Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, co-ordinate cross-functional team deliverables, remove impediments, anticipate and mitigate risks
• Keeping all stakeholders fully informed of project status and progress
• Collaborating with product managers and ensure alignment with product road map
• Managing scope changes to the project – Identify scope change, collect effort estimates, determine impact, develop plan and review with Change Control Board stakeholders
• Achieving desired Program Objectives by working closely with Stakeholders – Customers, Partners, Suppliers, Project managers, Product managers, Engineers, Tech Leads, and Architects as well as other functional groups such as IT, Legal and Finance
• Drive Initiatives to improve overall product quality
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5 or more years of relevant industry experience
• Experience with IPv4, TCP/IP, Routing, and Switching software.
• Experience with embedded software product development cycle
• Expert level Expertise with Agile Project Management using Scrum and ability to coach others to be scrum masters
• Experience with application lifecycle management concepts such as CICD and Agile development life cycle.
• Expertise with MS Office, MS Project, Wiki and Scrum tools such as Jira
• Experience with Atlassian project management tools or equivalent cloud/on-prem based tools for managing projects, defects and test plans.
• Proven track record and ability to manage highly complex projects
• Effective communication and negotiation skills with both internal and external stakeholders
• A passion for excellence, ability (and preference!) to work at a fast-paced, energetic start-up company
• Post-grad level education in relevant discipline (Masters, etc.)
• Experience working in an early stage technology start-up
• Experience with Data Center focused networking protocols and solutions
• Experience working closely with and leveraging from Open Source repos.
• Background in engineering team management
• Experience working with customers, partners and suppliers
• Experience working with global cross-functional teams
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. – no visa sponsorship at this time