MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
Our Tunnel & Access Client team for the MobileIron Tunnel provides secure tunneling to protect data-in-motion for the modern enterprise endpoints (iOS, Android, Mac, Win10). MobileIron Access secures enterprise cloud apps on modern endpoints and Tunnel plays a pivotal role in the Access Cloud Security solution.
We are looking to leverage a Principal Software Engineer for Access & Identity as Cloud-based. As a candidate, you need to be capable of architecting client-side technologies across all major OS platforms, contribute to overall system design, be a hands-on contributor and the technical lead for a small focused team working in an Agile development environment.
The Cloud Applications Architect for Access & Identity position is a senior, hands-on technical leadership role in the MobileIron Tunnel & Access Client engineering team. The successful candidate will be working independently or leading small teams responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution. The work is done with significant autonomy and independence. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to major system applications.
Applications may include custom developed software, commercial packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on premise applications, cloud-based software and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead small teams to develop, test, and fix defects in application software.
- Lead preparation of overall application software designs at the system level.
- Lead work teams in preparing work estimates and project schedules for all technical work for the projects within the team.
- Maintain expert knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the business processes supported by the systems.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies that are recognized throughout Information Systems.
- Lead teams focused on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company.
- Champion a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
Who you are...
- Strong self-initiative, communication skills, and adaptability to new technology
What you've done...
- 10+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as C++ with Go, Python or Java within a Linux environment
- Hands-on development of highly distributed RESTful services, cloud-based micro-service environments, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EKS, ELB, Lambda, S3 or RDS (Postgres)
- Knowledge of orchestration system such as Kubernetes, and distributed streaming platform such as Apache Kafka
- Good understanding of security and networking concepts (SSL, PKI, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Experience with continuous delivery and associated technologies including Docker, Jenkins, Chef/Puppet.
- Track record of taking a project from inception through launch.
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.