6 River Systems is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to help grow our testing efforts. You will work closely with Product, Development, and Engineers in the field at all stages of the product life cycle. We look to you to be an advocate for standard methodologies that aid in the delivering of high quality products while being cognizant of the importance of time-to-market. We value collaboration, quality, positive impact and shipping. We all succeed when your work reflects these values.
A “typical” day requires that you are embedded within a development team. We expect you to understand how our customers use our products, to engage proactively with product owners to ensure test cases are covered and with software developers such that code quality is accounted for in the development process. As a Senior Software Engineer in Test you will develop domain expertise, mentor Junior Engineers and create the future of our test automation strategy.
- Collaborate across teams to understand how our customers use our software, and build a comprehensive test strategy.
- Build Integration, Performance, and E2E testing frameworks
- Advocate for and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test automation development progress, blockers, bugs, and risks.
- Review code changes as they are made to become familiar with the technical implementation of products in order to have a focused testing approach
- Work side-by-side with developers to design test plans, communicate test results and defects. Help development when debugging issues by providing detailed information (i.e. reproducing via different builds, logs, screenshots, videos, etc.) and filtering environment related noise
- Maintain the issue backlog and work with Development and Product to prioritize and include fixes within subsequent releases
- Develop automations and efficiency improvements for manual QA work
- Connect with Deployment Engineers (in the field) to understand existing production issues and modify testing strategies to incorporate cases to prevent reoccurring production issues
- 3+ years’ experience in software test and test automation, including experience writing and maintaining tests for web services and for test automation frameworks
- Experience with a modern web development framework and tooling
- Desire to work with both manual (given full stack & robotics) and automated testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to Learn New Technologies
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems