This position provides Human Resources support an assigned client group of Appriss Inc. Partners with business team on a daily basis to develop and implement processes and practices which promote sound employee relations consistent with Appriss’ core values. Works to ensure that performance management processes and compensation practices of the company are up to date and competitive. Assists in developing and improving programs and practices that ensure that Appriss is an employer of choice.
Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Employee Relations:
• Oversee the management of all employee relations matters of assigned client group to ensure employees are treated fairly, provided with competitive wages, benefits and sound working conditions.
• Coach, facilitate and advise management toward the resolution of employee/management issues.
• Support business partner is managing change and communication programs.
• Partner with business management team to develop position descriptions, identify candidate sources, selection teams, and search timelines. Screen candidates, conduct employment interviews/assessments, and provide feedback of candidates to internal business partners.
3. Performance Management Appraisal
• Work with business partners to create job descriptions, develop career paths, implement succession planning and improve the performance management system.
• Review performance management documentation and assist supervisors and managers with all aspects of the performance management process.
• Prepare for employee performance discussions or terminations with supervisors.
4. Salary Administration:
• Administer the Company’s base pay and incentive compensation program and provide consultation on compensation recommendations.
• Work with VP Human Resources to conduct and evaluate salary and benefits programs to ensure the company is providing a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package.
• Attend staff meetings in other departments to gain business acumen and provide HR support.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Requires 30% Travel
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
• PHR/SPHR preferred
Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics:
• 7 years or more of experience in a professional level HR role required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business, Organization development or Psychology or related discipline.
• 5 + plus years of human resources, organization development, or employee training.
• Experience in a software or technical industry is strongly preferred
• Employment law, including Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines.
• Working knowledge of technical and business fundamentals.
• Employee engagement tools including Q12 or similar methodology
• Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
• Experience with an HRIS databases (preferably with UltiPro systems).
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with employees from various departments.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, and work successfully on simultaneous projects.
• Ability to employ sound judgment with little or no supervision.
• Personal and professional integrity.
• Experiencing driving HR change throughout an organization. Able to work independently while also building cross-functional relationships to build momentum behind HR initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively assess organization and develop action plans to address current and future needs.
• Experience working with business leaders to address the entire talent management spectrum including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, leadership development and business process improvement.
• Strong analytical skills to manage reporting and data analysis in an HRIS database.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
• Technology or software engineering experience a plus.
• Motivated by a challenge and operates best in ambiguity as a self-starter
• Comfortable with risk and willingness to take the initiative to get the job done.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H