LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Purchase Finance business is a rare group within LendingClub that combines a B2B and a B2C framework to do one thing, and one thing only - help people afford and enjoy significant life events. That is the most important metric we are focused on.
The Business Insights team works hand in hand with leaders across the organization to develop and execute our data-driven strategy. As a Business Analyst, you'll use data and analytical tools to drive insights, innovation, and results across each of our business areas that falls to the Business Insights team. You will collaborate with team members to inform and refine our long-term strategy by supporting the Product, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Credit business areas. You should have strong problem-solving skills, be comfortable in a fast-growing company environment, and thrive in a dynamic and growing organization. This position will report to the Head of Business Insights.
What You'll Do
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to identify and evaluate market and company trends, as well as make strategic recommendations based on empirical data
- Work closely with the Product & Design teams to develop A/B tests and optimize user experience
- Create and maintain engaging reports that reinforce and empower a data-centric culture
- Analyze and understand market and competitive trends to inform product strategy
- Communicate analysis to partners and senior leaders across the organization
- You’re a problem solver- you have the ability to break down a problem, think deeply about potential solutions, and perform a thorough analysis that leads to an informed recommendation
- You’re a people person with experience working in diverse, high-performing teams.
- You’re someone who thrives in a fast paced environment; a blend of startup and larger company experience preferred
- You leave your ego at the door and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work on any issues or needs that arise, and you are able to handle multiple concurrent projects
- You have a passion to always be learning something new
- You’re an excellent communicator and you know how to influence effectively with your presentation skills
- You have 3+ years experience with querying and analyzing large data sets using SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- You have 3+ years experience with analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Heap, Pendo, Optimizely, etc.
- You have some experience with statistical modeling tools such as R, SAS, or JMP
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities and people love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.