LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClub is seeking a Manager, Third Party Risk & Monitoring to join the team! You will work closely with the Procurement team to improve third party and vendor performance, value, and facilitate risk management activities by building strong internal and external business partnerships through onboarding and contracting through ongoing monitoring and off-boarding. Additionally, and most importantly, we act as the second line of defense against risks associated with outsourcing services to third parties.
What You'll Do
As the Manager, Third Party Risk you will independently run and prioritize an evolving workload of program activities in a dynamic, fast growing environment. We are responsible for ensuring that vendors and other third parties are onboarded in a timely manner and risks are evaluated, mitigated and/or accepted. We work collaboratively throughout the company to facilitate the Third Party Risk framework and associated risk management activities and project initiatives.
In this role, you lead the continuous monitoring of third parties and vendors for changes that may affect the risk environment and require risk remediation. In addition, you handle the day to day running of all program activities including ensuring that risk assessment, due diligence, and any other reviews and approvals are obtained at the time of onboarding and during the entire third party lifecycle through termination.
This is a role that requires you to ask good questions to increase your knowledge and to find creative solutions to problems you have never encountered before.
Third Party Onboarding and Ongoing Monitoring
- Perform risk assessment, review onboarding tickets, facilitate appropriate due diligence on third parties and review for accurately and completeness
- Support Procurement and Business Owners with onboarding of new vendors and communicate with all relevant partners
- Develop deep understanding of Third Party Risk program and processes and provide guidance to internal and external partners
- Track residual risks and work with internal partners and vendors to remediate any risk related issues
- Provide guidance for residual risk mitigation, residual risk acceptance and critical issues and create presentations and reporting for consumption by senior management
- Perform and facilitate ongoing monitoring activities
- Support Third Party Risk projects as needed
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Manage data to ensure all data is updated and relevant in line with both internal/external audit requirements
- Pull and combine data from various systems and perform data analysis
- Create reporting on the progress of third party risk initiatives and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Establish and maintain reporting accuracy, consistency, data integrity and creation/distribution of scorecards, dashboards, and reports, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of work experience in third party risk management or vendor management
- You are able to prioritize and handle multiple competing assignments with efficiency and accuracy and manage stakeholder expectations
- You communicate complex ideas to senior leaders while being confident and concise, and practice good judgment in a professional setting.
- You manage your deadlines actively and do not mind rolling up your sleeves to ensure even the smallest tasks are completed on time, but are able to see the big picture and contribute your ideas to further the success of the overall team.
- You work independently in a rapidly changing environment and adapt to change quickly with minimal supervision
- You have demonstrated quantitative and technological aptitude with extremely strong logical skills
- You have experience managing a team directly or managing project teams
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience with databases and coding languages a plus
- Knowledge of Information Security standards and practices a plus
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.