LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
As a member of the DevOps team, your unique role will focus deeply on monitoring and improving the various services and infrastructure. You will be suggesting improvements for implementation. You will be involved in performance testing, application & systems security. You will also be improving operations, infrastructure and playbook. You will build dashboards, have in-depth knowledge of CI/CD.
What You'll Do
- Hands-on technical problem-solver with experience in the design, development and deployment of business software at scale, or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, EBS etc) and experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments desired
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like NewRelic, CloudWatch and Splunk etc.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively across organizations and engagements
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- DevOps and on-call mindset; a natural ownership mentality to automate, alleviate and elevate all operations.
- Proficient in Java, SQL + a systems scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Groovy, etc).
- Deep understanding of AWS or other Cloud/IaaS, PaaS systems (e.g. Heroku, Azure, etc).
- Linux and open source savant.
- Extensive experience with New Relic, Splunk, GitHub, Jenkins, OpsGenie, Wavefront or similar services.
- Microservices fundamentals and scaling distributed systems.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.