LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Lending Club is hiring a user researcher to help bring research to the next level, providing insights to create products that allow our customers to thrive and Lending Club to be the number one online credit marketplace. Interested in disrupting an industry and providing an alternative to the traditional banking system?
Our research team drives the development of customer insights behind our design decisions and product strategy. We're looking for someone who is passionate about human-centered design and has a consistent record of conducting research projects across different research methodologies with cross-functional teams. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with survey research experience to jump in on a number of high profile initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Define, plan, conduct, and analyze user research in a fast paced, agile software development environment
- Conduct user research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Collaborate with and lead research-focused conversations with partners, including experience design team members, Product Managers, Engineers and business to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Act as a champion for identification of our customers’ needs and goals
- Evangelize the voice of the customer through your participation in strategic survey and design research, usability studies, workshops, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Engage as a strategic partner and actively identify new opportunities for delivering actionable customer insights and great customer-centered and business results
- You hold a BS, or preferably Masters, in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field
- Have an insatiable and demonstrated curiosity to answer the question “why?”
- Navigate complexity and ambiguity well and successfully get to the core questions that need to be answered
- Are a customer-focused thinker with 5+ years experience leading user experience design research for consumer web products
- Demonstrate proven success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact across methodologies
- Have experience with several of the following: ethnographic research, longitudinal research, survey design, benchmarking, lab-based user testing, in depth customer interviews, iterative prototype testing, or concept testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to adjust your approach to accommodate your audience
- Comfortable leading efforts with minimal supervision
- Apply the latest lean UX methodologies and keep up to date on your craft and practice
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.