LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Here at Lending Club as a Software Engineering Lead for our Purchase Finance team, you’ll work on a platform that is transforming the banking industry. Our fast growing business requires engineers who care about creating secure, scalable, performant, and highly available systems. Lending Club is a great opportunity for experienced engineers to work on technical challenges that not many engineers have had a chance to face in their careers. Through technology and business innovation, LendingClub is changing the conservative landscape of financial services into thriving people-centric industry.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and support key systems that run the business
- Troubleshoot and participate in production support
- Participate in daily team scrum meetings
- Work with technical management to understand requirements
- Participate in building scrum process and agile culture in the company
- 5+ years of experience in building software using Java technologies
- Development experience with Spring framework
- Microservice development using frameworks like Spring Boot
- Experience in data architecture, SQL, and ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Desire to work in a collaborative and fast paced agile environment
- Experience in using Scrum process is a big plus
- Strong background in Test Driven Development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or a related field of study
- Jira/Confluence a plus
* Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.