LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Purchase Finance business is a rare group within LC that combines a B2B and a B2C framework to do one, and one thing only- help as many people as we can afford and enjoy significant life events. That is the most important metric we are focused on.
We are a diverse organization that is obsessed with transforming the purchase finance market using data-driven frameworks and cutting edge technology. We work hand in hand with our Design, Engineering, Research, Marketing, Credit Risk and Operations leaders. By joining this team, you instantly become part of a group working tirelessly to improve the way people finance medical and educational needs. We’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves, get into the data, define an ambitious roadmap, lead a team, and get stuff done.
What You'll Do
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to identify the opportunities where we should focus our resources, leveraging and collaborating with our supporting disciplines (Design, Engineering, Product Analytics, User Research, Credit Risk, Operations, and Marketing)
- Own a major portion of the Purchase Finance business, craft an ROI-prioritized roadmap, and lead execution from concept, through launch, to analysis, optimization, and scaling
- Act with a sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity, go beyond boundaries of what your job description states
- You’re a problem solver- you have the ability to break down a problem, deeply think about potential solutions, and execute on a solution in a structured and an efficient way
- You’re a people person with experience working in diverse, high-performing teams. You leave your ego at the door and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves as needed
- You’re someone who thrives in a dynamic environment; a blend of startup and larger company experience preferred
- Best-in-class communicator, down, up, and across; confident and competent in situations with senior executives
- You have rock-solid management acumen, with demonstrated ability to define a roadmap and oversee a team to success
- Experience with customer discovery including, but not limited to: customer interviews, gathering and synthesizing qualitative data, and validating that your features are delivering value to customers
- You are proficient in pulling and analyzing data, putting together expected outcomes for features, and running A/B tests
- Solid understanding of the market, supporting disciplines, and the core competencies of product management
- You have a track record of directly and indirectly leading individuals on teams to drive a business to greater success; people management and hiring experience a plus
- Innovator’s mindset, backed up by examples of using technology to inflect the customer experience and business trajectory
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.