LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced person who can simultaneously think strategically about collections activities across key internal functions, while also inspiring business performance at a team and agent level. This is a management role with several direct reports who in turn lead debt buyer relations, development of new collections programs and manage key strategic initiatives in recovery.
What You'll Do
- Manage charged-off debt sale execution and strategy, after sales service for existing buyers, and selection and onboarding of new buyers.
- Manage performance of Payment Solutions staff managing specialty collections agencies.
- Measure specialty agency performance and make recommendations on agency compensation.
- Work with internal partners to execute new collections strategies to drive efficiency and effectiveness for our personal loan, auto, and small business products.
- Comply with state & federal regulations related to consumer and commercial collections practices.
- Work closely with Product, Data and Compliance to improve collections efficiency and onboard new collections products, programs and services.
- Consult on other strategic initiatives as required by the business.
- 5-10 years of experience in a leadership role of progressive responsibility.
- Deep experience in collections on both strategic and operational levels; staff management experience and agency management experience strongly preferred
- Experience with legal/regulatory framework governing collections activities including TCPA, FDCPA, FCRA, and bankruptcy court requirements.
- Experience defining and implementing metrics and/or adjusting current metrics based on business demands/needs
- A professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled with the ability to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently - we work in a team-oriented environment.
- A strong problem solver with an interest in making the business better for customers and team members.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple org levels.
- Excellent writing, email, phone and organization skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills coupled with strong computer skills.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus.
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.