LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClub is seeking a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter as the Sr Internal Auditor who can run and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment independently. You will build relationships throughout the company, as well as with the co-sourced team, to facilitate the risk assessment process and to effectively perform internal audits. You will also help to identify innovative methods and tools to bring efficiencies to the audit process and leads their implementation. In addition, you will help to continuously monitor the business for changes that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require revisions to the internal audit plan or to the scope of a planned internal audit. You will report to the Director of Internal Audit, and work closely with our Sr Internal Audit Manager and Chief Audit Officer.
What You'll Do
- Work individually or as part of a team to lead and perform integrated audits in accordance with standards and expectations set forth in the Internal Audit Charter, Manual and Methodology.
- Execute and supervise the activities throughout the internal audit process, including: perform research, planning and scoping; conduct interviews and walkthroughs; identify key risks and controls; draft flowcharts and/or narratives; gather evidence and perform testing; prepare and review audit work papers; discuss and clearly articulate findings, observations and related risks with auditees throughout the process.
- Draft thoughtful and persuasive written internal audit reports and memos that clearly articulate the scope, objectives, issues, risk, root cause, and recommendations for remediation.
- Find opportunities to utilize data analytics techniques where appropriate to evaluate large and complex populations of data.
- Assist with issue follow-up through check-ins with the business on progress and validate effective remediation through testing.
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and techniques.
- Provide mentoring to other team members, as needed.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles, and formulate effective solutions.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with business and technology partners, acting as a trusted advisor.
- Strive to build institutional knowledge of specific products, systems, and processes to become a subject matter resource.
- Support the strategy of the company by providing assurance to third parties and potential investors.
- 4-7 years of Internal Audit, or related experience.
- Big 4 and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
- Experience working in a co-sourced environment a plus.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design, effectiveness and regulatory compliance of processes and controls within a bank, broker-dealer, or related financial institution a plus.
- Able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Able to collaborate with business partners and identify and address business needs through building solid relationships.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and adaptive to change very quickly.
- Demonstrate balanced skills with common-sense and an excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred.
- CIA and/or CPA highly preferred
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.