What You’ll Do
Working across the Elevate operations, vehicles, and airspace teams, develop a complete “vertical stack” of requirements for communication, navigation, and surveillance (CNS) capabilities to support aerial ridesharing and drone delivery initiatives. The functional requirements should be focused on the overall architecture without assigning a particular system, whether in the air, on the ground, or in an Uber data center, to carry out those functions. Performance requirements will determine how well those functions must carry out their responsibilities to enable the Uber’s aviation operations, while system requirements will specify the particular systems themselves, their interfaces, and data flows between relevant systems. You will then take these requirements forward to own execution across these requirements through first- and/or third-party solutions, as well as any standards- or policy-related work that is necessary to support.
What You’ll Need
- Exceptional product insight and vision; customer obsession — you focus on the customer first (whether it is an Eater or a Rider), and you don’t stop at anything to ensure the best customer experience possible
- Extremely deep technical background — your academic and professional experience is deeply technical; you are intimately familiar with the full stack of communication hardware, software, and protocols, and you also have a thorough understanding of the relevant experts and vendors in the space
- Understanding of comms needs as they pertain to aviation — ideally you have experience building and testing network infrastructure for aircraft, big and small, ideally in large numbers
- Advanced engineering degree in electrical, computer, or network engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer internet products, preferably related to aviation, or communications, navigation and/or surveillance services
- BD-skillset — experience with market-mapping, vendor selection, contracts negotiation, and partner management.
- Deep policy/standards experience — thorough knowledge of relevant standards and regulations, and how they pertain to this challenge. Ideally, experience sitting on relevant policy/standards bodies and being a prized member of those communities.
- Excellent skills and a track record in organization, roadmapping, prioritization and tracking
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
The ideal candidate has experience in all of the above in an aviation context.
About the Team
The candidate will report to Head of Product for Elevate, Nikhil Goel, and work closely with Head of Operations, Stan Swaintek, Head of Flight Ops, Luke Fischer, Head of Elevate Cloud Services, Tom Prevot, Head of Aviation Policy, Kate Fraser, and TBH product manager for drone delivery.