ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst based in San Francisco, CA, reporting to the Director, FP&A. You will be a key member of a growing FP&A team and serve as the financial interface between Finance and key stakeholders across the company. You will bring best practices and a thoughtful approach to how we forecast the operations and resources of the business. You will partner with the business and find opportunities for growth and efficiency by monitor company performance. You understand financial fundamentals and are inclined to find solutions.
This is a highly visible role that works cross-functionally to prepare timely and accurate reporting while advising the business. In addition to managing operating forecasts, this role will drive ad hoc special projects as dictated by the business.
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with operating expense forecasting including reconciling resource allocation and product initiatives. You are humble and intellectually curious. You possess a strong collaborative approach and build effective relationships to deliver accurate results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives, and blockers. You have strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills. You take initiative and thrive in dynamic environments. You are confident, energetic, conscientious, business-minded, and understand the importance of a sense of humor.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for all FP&A activities related to the preparation, tracking, and reporting of operating expenses, resource allocation, and headcount to Plan
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analyses for executive management and key stakeholders
- Improve planning processes and systems (Excel or Adaptive Insights) to enhance management visibility and decision-making
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand business drivers
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or a related field
- Experience in a hyper-growth company(>$100M+ in annual expenses), ideally in a high-tech environment
- 3-6 years of progressive, relevant experience (FP&A, corporate finance, or investment banking)
- Thoughtful financial modeling capabilities.
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills and experience with Adaptive Insights or similar financial planning tools.
- Able to manage multiple projects and beat deadlines with a skillful attention to detail
- Strong understanding of GAAP standards
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 24 million students learn from an extensive library of over 80,000 courses taught by 35,000 instructors in over 50 languages. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
Udemy in the News: