ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is a global company -- our 30,000 instructors come from all over the world and teach in more than 50 different languages. In addition to the growth in international non-english speaking markets, our core english speaking markets (US, UK, Canada and Australia) continue to drive a big part of our revenue and we want to make sure we think about the strategic direction we need to take to keep them growing at a healthy pace.
As a Market Manager, you will be responsible for the long term growth of your market across multiple areas: overall revenue, supply and demand. This will require a deep understanding of the market and the ability to identify and define the most important levers and investments for the market.
Success in this role will require strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills. You will need to be comfortable digging into our internal data, conducting external research, identifying key areas of interest, articulating your findings and working cross-functionally to ensure the growth of your market.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Helping define what is the long term growth strategy for our key English markets
- Knowing and navigating the competitive landscape. Stay on top of what is going in the market and keep an eye out for opportunities to partner or acquire other businesses.
- Representing the interests of students and instructors across product development and marketing messaging decisions, constantly pushing us to create a best-in-class customer experience
- Identifying opportunities for long-term investments required to grow your markets
- Leveraging internal and external data as well as user and market research to identify, support and strengthen your recommendations
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 4 years of experience, preferably at a top tier consulting firm or investment bank
- Highly structured thinking, and the ability to dig into the why and how
- A strong disposition for data-driven decision making; ability to write SQL queries (or desire to learn) and advanced Excel Skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, you can clearly articulate your ideas
- Creative thinking, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Experience in working in one of multiple of the target markets (US, UK, Canada and Australia), ideally in a position where you had to advocate / represent the markets in a global company
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Bonus points for additional experience in fast-growing consumer internet startup
- A passion for online education and consumer internet productsMBA or advanced degree is a plus
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 24 million students learn from an extensive library of over 80,000 courses taught by 35,000 instructors in over 50 languages. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
Udemy in the News: