World View is on the brink of writing history. We're creating unprecedented access to the near-space environment for purposes ranging from life-changing travel experiences to scientific research/education, and everything in between. It takes an incredible team to turn dreams into reality. We're already doing it, but we're always looking for others that share our passion for tackling big ideas and changing the world in the process. We believe in hiring the best, brightest, and most passionate people on earth. We're a small, agile company looking for people ready to contribute to something greater than themselves. We think big. We think different. We're not fond of mediocrity. We're pioneers charting new territory, opening access to near space, and writing history in the process.
World View is looking for a well-rounded Systems Engineer to help define requirements, interfaces, functions, behaviors, verification plans, and performance budgets for its products and services. The Systems Engineer will conduct trade studies for new products and services and have a critical role in developing high reliable products and services. The Systems Engineer will be performing the majority of his/her work in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain Operations Concepts (OpsCons) for World View’s family of products and services
- Conduct Mission Analysis and Engineering
- Develop, maintain and evolve requirements for World View’s family of products and services
- Establish Verification and Validation Plans
- Document structural/functional/logical product structures and interfaces
- Define and document product and mission behaviors
- Generate and maintain FMECAs and Hazard Analyses
- Conduct trade studies, as needed
- Generate and maintain performance budgets and allocations
- Generate and maintain traceability across all domains.
- Review and support the definition and evolution of World View’s systems engineering processes.